Monday, November 30, 2009

I didn't even lick my fingers.

Thanksgiving is over. I had an awesome weekend of family, games, puzzles, movies, and Christmas decorating. I made it through, fudge free, for 4 days straight. Instead of pie, I splurged and bought a little box of fresh raspberries. I whipped some real cream for the other pies and took a little that wasn't sweetened and added a pack of equal. Then I dipped my raspberries into that and you know what? It was heaven!
I cooked fudge, and baked three pies. Cherry, pumpkin, and coconut. The smell was delightful and yes it was enough. I love the aroma and also the loose feel of my waistline. (It's a good combination). I didn't even so much as lick my fingers.
This was a special Thanksgiving I will always remember. All of the kids helped with the menu and they were each assigned a different dish. We spent quality time together preparing the meal, playing games, doing puzzles, and watching movies. I splurged on Martinelli's (all natural, yea!) buttered popcorn, and 4 slices of pizza while watching the BYU vs. Utah game. I passed on many things but my gratitude far out weighed all of the things I couldn't have. Amazingly, I am down exactly 2 more pounds, for a total of 9.4 in 5 weeks. This Holiday was absolutely wonderful and I was not deprived of anything that really matters. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment