Monday, November 23, 2009

1 month down 11 to go! Going strong!

Today I made it through the first four weeks. That is one month down and 11 to go. I am feeling good. I walked maybe 3 days at the most. I am still having a hard time getting into a regular routine. I am down 1.1 lbs for a total of 7.4!
This week I said no to peppermint sugar cookies, ice cream at the movies, scones from Tressa's bakery, a trio of desserts at Outback, and yummy looking German pastries.
I said yes to several yummy things this week including popcorn with butter, waffles made with molasses and sugar free syrup, shrimp, and tenderloin steak, with garlic mashed potatoes, steel cut oatmeal with walnuts, and my favorite, freshly squeezed orange juice. Is there anything better on this earth than freshly squeezed orange juice? I got so spoiled when I lived in Brazil. This is where I discovered this awesome treat. This is one of my favorite things for this time of year.
I am excited for Thanksgiving this week. I will indulge on Turkey, green beans, salad,stuffing and all the sugar free trimmings. I am passing on the pies, but I am looking forward to the time spent with my 4 girls as we are having a pie making class on Wednesday night. I will splurge and buy myself some fresh fruit for dessert. It should be a weekend full of family, games, laughing, getting the christmas tree and decorating the house, putting up the lights, BYU vs. Utah game, and spending wonderful time together making memories. I don't need anything more than that. Bring it on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment