Monday, January 4, 2010

No more Martinelli's please.

I love Martinelli's. My kids call it fancy juice. We have it from Thanksgiving through New Years Day. This year I counted that we bought or received 15 bottles. We have two left that are in the garage still. Name the flavor, and I love it. There's original, grape, pomegranate and cranberry. Since it is all natural, with no added sugars or corn syrup, I have been drinking it as my little Holiday treat. After several days of drinking this and not even a lot each time, I think I have had my fill. The two bottles left will have to be saved for Easter.
This week has been a bit of a struggle. I wasn't expecting to struggle because I have made it through the holidays just fine. I think I wasn't prepared for how I would feel after the holidays. I had a sweet tooth like I haven't felt for a long time. One day I had a spoonful of honey and an hour later, I had another spoonful of honey. It was rich and didn't really taste that good. The next day it was molasses. I had a big spoonful and then an hour later another spoonful. Again, not the best but I think it satisfied my mental craving. I am wondering if I had after holiday letdown. I was so worried about making it through that I hadn't really prepared for after and thoughts of missing all of my holiday treats were creeping in...? I think I am one of those annoying people who always have to know the meaning for everything. Could have been I just wanted something sweet to eat. Hmmmm, but I don't really think it was that. It had to be mental. ;0
At any rate, I survived another week and have made it to week 10. My weight stayed the exact same even to the very penny. (If it's not a gain, it's a win)
This week I turned down:
Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory, more Fudge, left over candy from the 3 gingerbread houses we made, junk food, candy, pop, cookies, all from our New Year's Eve party, and Waffles at midnight with vanilla syrup whip cream and strawberries, muffins from Costco, AND I am not very happy that I have to turned down my favorite store bought Chilli- because it has sugar in it. That also came with me turning down the cornbread. Later that night we turned down big thick slices of wedding cake. It looked really good with coconut frosting, and all the other snacks that come with a wedding reception.
This week I said yes to: Chips and salsa, chips with bean dip, chips with cheese dip, chips plain, (good thing my favorite tortilla strips/chips are sugar/corn syrup free), Crumpets from Trader Joes (blueberry sweetened with honey- yummy toasted), Marinelli's as I mentioned before, and I tried a sinless vanilla ice cream at Coldstone with added pecans. It was ok to pass off as a treat when everyone is having one, but not to die for. Loved the pecans.
I will start some spring cleaning this week. I am hoping to give away more of my bigger clothes, and hoping my weight will drop instead of being at a stand still.

No comments:

Post a Comment