Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 366!!!!!

Well, I DID IT!
My blog failed about 1/2 way through, but I didn't. I completed no sugar for 1 whole year. It feels terrific. It is 12:20 on the first day where sugar is allowed and I don't feel like having anything. The thought of it makes me a little sick inside. I'm sure it won't be long before I will try something just out of curiosity, but for now I am feeling good.

There is a book titled "Women, Food, and God" that I have just recently read. It has been very helpful to me as I have been sorting out a bunch of things after this last year. (It has a few words I don't care for, especially in the beginning, so I bought my own copy and I'm marking it out and up pretty good)

My weight has been pretty steady. I lost 16 pounds in the first 3 months. I stopped exercising regularly/consistently about 3 months after that. Gradually, I put on about 4-5 pounds which is where I am at today.

I have felt good. I haven't been dazed and tired like before. I have discovered that in general I do not get enough sleep every day and I can stop blaming the sugar for being tired all the time and blame myself for not getting to bed on time.

There are other health things I have discovered about myself. It is easy to blame eating habits for a lot of problems so it is interesting to see what remains after changing my diet.
In some ways I have substituted other not so good things to eat instead of sugar. This is not a good idea and again the book, "Women, food, and God" talks about this. After reading this book I don't feel as if I will ever do a "diet" again.

MODERATION in all/MOST things. This is a big thing I have learned. I would never be a good candidate for stomach surgery. This is probably because the last 6 months what I have really missed is the freedom to choose. I made the commitment to myself so I wasn't going to break it, but I really missed the freedom to exercise moderation. For me it has to be moderation not anything else.

So, it's time to move on to other things. Thanks for following. I weaseled out in my blog postings in the end, because even I was sick of myself and not disciplined enough to write consistently.

One of my favorite things I gained from this was my sense of smell. You can get great endorphins from the smell of baked goods without even touching them. Remember that! It really is satisfying. (Just try to keep to yourself though because you really do look like a weirdo!)

Another thing I learned is that there will always be good things to eat. If you turn it down today, it or something like it will be there tomorrow. I don't have to eat everything. Save up for the best and really enjoy it.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement! It meant a lot to me especially the first few weeks when it was difficult.

Now only time will tell, just like everything else. Moderation, Moderation, Moderation.
There are so many other things in life that are interesting other than constantly worrying about food, diet and appearance. While those are very important, it will be fun to think, enjoy, ponder other things in life. Try to love our selves just the way that we are. Everyone needs to eat well. Everyone needs to exercise, no matter what size or shape we are.

And that's that.

Take Care everyone. Happy Smelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment